How to fix Microsoft Office error code 0-2048 (0)
Error Code 0-2048 (0) : Microsoft Office 365 Office 2016 Office 2013 error Code 0-2048 (0) is shown to the users whenever there are any issues with the firewall rules. Firewall rules may be too hard/tight to let office makes an internet connection with the update. Firewalls are used to protect the system from hackers and other intruders such as Trojan etc. so the policies employed by the firewalls at corporates can be very specific and tight to be broken and thereby evoking error Code 0-2048 (0).
Microsoft Office 365 Office 2016 Office 2013 error Code 0-2048 (0)
Temporarily disable Antivirus software and Firewall
a. Temporarily turn Off Windows Firewall.
- Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type firewall, and then click Windows Firewall.
- Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Click Turn off Windows Firewall under each network location that you want to stop trying to protect, and then click OK.
b. Temporarily turn Off Antivirus Software
- Go to Start button , clicking Control Panel, and then, under System and Security, clicking Review your computer’s status.
- Click the arrow button next to Security to expand the section. If Windows can detect your antivirus software, it’s listed under Virus protection
- If the software is on, check the Help that came with the software for information on disabling it.
System File Checker for fix the error code 0-2048 (0)
System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search
- Type Command Prompt in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt
- Click Run as administrator
- At the command prompt, type the command sfc /scannow, and then press ENTER:
The sfc/scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy
Try installing from another location
If you’re trying to install at work or at school, the network may be limited in a way that won’t allow Office to install. If this is the case, take your device home, to a friend’s house, or to a wireless hotspot, and then try installing Office again. After it’s installed, you’ll be able to use it at work or school as if you had installed it there.
NOTE If you need to install Office from work or school, your IT departmentmight be able to help you deal with any network limitations.
Repair the error code 0-2048 (0) process for an Office Click-to-Run application does not start
Microsoft Office 365 Office 2016 Office 2013 error Code 0-2048 (0) is generated due to an existing installation of Microsoft Office suite in the system. Reason can be anything, there might be an important .dll file missing or some core file was deleted accidently etc.
To repair the Office Click-to-Run application, follow these steps as appropriate for the version of Windows that the computer is running.
- Right-click the Start button .
- Under Programs, click or tap Uninstall a program.
- Click or tap Microsoft Office 365, and then click or tap Change.
- Click or tap Quick Repair, and then click or tap Repair
Microsoft Office 365 Office 2016 Office 2013 error Code 0-2048 (0) has nothing to do with the new installation, internet connection. Simply the already installed office installed system has gone corrupt by some means either by virus, malware or something user did unaware of the consequences giving rise to error Code 0-2048 (0).
Download and install Office 365 Home, Personal, or University on your PC
1. Login to http://office.com/myaccount.
2. Enter the username and password.
3. Click on the Install button.
4. Click on downloaded file and installation prepares.
5. Office installation will start after checking and preparing the configuration.
Follow the simple onscreen instructions.
Once installation is completed, click on All Done button.
Now, the Office Suite is installed and ready for use and the error code 0-2048 (0) is fixed
You may check if the Microsoft Office applications are working fine.
Note: If the issue is still not fixed Initiate the Chat with our technical expert.
account notice we’ve run into a problem with your office 365 subscription
bloomberg office tools folder not accessible word
Can I install Office 64bit over 32bit?
error code 80090034 office 365
error something went wrong
excel online error something went wrong
fix error that occur when you start an office installation
How do I fix a connection error in Outlook?
How do I fix application errors in word?
How do I fix Microsoft Office Cannot verify the license for this product?
How do I fix my Office 365 subscription?
How do I install Office 64 bit?
How do I repair Microsoft Office in Control Panel?
How do I repair Microsoft Office?
How do I repair my Microsoft Office license?
How do I repair my Outlook 365 profile?
How do you verify Microsoft Word?
microsoft office 2016 account error
microsoft office error message
microsoft word 2016 error
microsoft word bloomberg office tools folder not accessible
microsoft word error 0xc0000142
microsoft word error messages
microsoft word error on mac
microsoft word error opening file
microsoft word error preventing it from working correctly
office 365 account error fix me
office 365 account error fix me not working
office 365 deactivated
office 365 errors
office 365 installation error
office 365 known issues
office 365 repair tool windows 10
office something went wrong we couldn’t start your program
outlook 2016 office 365 something went wrong and outlook couldn’t set up your account
outlook something went wrong 2018
outlook something went wrong adding account
outlook something went wrong please try again
outlook something went wrong sending email
repair microsoft office 2010 not working
repair office 365 installation windows 10
repair office 365 win 10
repair office 365 windows 10
repair outlook 365 windows 10
Searches related to office error
Should I install the 32 or 64 bit version of Office?
something went wrong
something went wrong and outlook couldn’t update your password
something went wrong and outlook was unable to setup your account office 365
something went wrong error code 700003
something went wrong office 365
something went wrong outlook
something went wrong outlook 2016 setup
something went wrong outlook 2019
something went wrong outlook couldn’t save your account settings
something went wrong… we couldn’t find your recommendations twitch
sorry something went wrong and outlook was unable to start 6
sorry something went wrong and excel was unable to start (6)
sorry something went wrong and word was unable to start 6
unable to start office because we’re updating adding or removing programs
windows could not start the microsoft office click to run service